11 November 10am -5pm
Kings Place, 90 York Way, London N1 9AG
Innovation on the Thames is the biggest networking event for key players on the Thames. Key industry stakeholders discussed current issues on the Thames ranging from development pressures, river habitats, water quality, litter, health and sustainability. Representatives from the maritime industry, coastal engineers, urban developers, recreational groups, commercial fisheries, riparian boroughs,regulators and universities attended the event. Watch a short video of the event.
Starting at 10am, the event programme included morning and afternoon themed discussions and speakers on issues affecting the Thames. Lunch and refreshments are provided followed by a sponsor’s drinks reception from 4-5pm.
Key note speaker: Professor Brian Collins, Professor of Engineering Policy UCL
Robin Mortimer, CEO Port of London Authority
Andy Mitchell, CEO Tideway Tunnel
Matt Kuhn, Programme Manager TEAM 2100 at CH2M
Robin Cooper, CEO Ebbsfleet
- Climate Change – Managing the impact of climate change and rising sea levels in the estuary
- Citizen Science – Community participation in scientific research
- Education and Training – Major infrastructure projects are providing new job and training opportunities on the Thames
- Plastic Litter – Tackling the issue of Plastic litter on the Thames
- Health and Sustainability – The Thames as a place to be healthy and active
Roland Grzybek (Chair of TEP)
Become a member and enjoy reduced entry to our networking events