The Dredging Forum provides a platform to discuss dredging operations on the tidal Thames. The forum meets quarterly and is chaired by Katherine Harris, Director at Harris Holden Ltd. If you are interested in becoming a member and would like to attend meetings please e-mail TEP .
The objectives of the Dredging Network are to:
- provide an advisory function to the dredging legislative process
- consult on PLA dredging applications
- inform DLG members on current dredging notices and dredging applications.
- facilitate presentations on:
. legislative requirements and best practice guidelines;
. dredging methodologies;
. hydrodynamics and sediment transport;
. environmental impacts of dredging; and
. other individual expertise.
- share relevant data
- encourage use and understanding of the Port of London Authority’s
Dredging Spatial Information System (DSIS).
- identify common research needs and facilitate their development.
- encourage collaboration and co-ordination between DLG members to develop dredging schemes and disposal options.
- encourage the beneficial re-use of dredged materials by discussing and promoting the
different options available.
Dredging Liaison Group members: