Date(s) - 10/06/2018
10:30 am - 1:30 pm
Beach Car Park
A MYSTICAL AND FASCINATING JOURNEY THROUGH TIME, FROM THE 11th CENTURY, TO PRESENT TIME.
ALL TOURS ARE ON SUNDAY, AND LEAVE FROM THE BEACH CAR PARK AT 10:30AM
JULY 8th AUGUST 12th SEPTEMBER 9th. OCTOBER 7th
Calls prior to the walks are advised, in case of poor weather, or unforeseen circumstances, by 9.00am on the day to guide Michael Dale on 01634 270314 or email email@example.com.
YOUR ADVENTURE IS THROUGH WILD COUNTRY, WITH CHALLENGING STEEP SLOPES – NOT FOR THE INFIRM.
(The walks are free, but voluntary donations of £3pp for their local charities would be very welcome)
The Tours are part of Medway Councils Urban Parks and Green Spaces Forum
- Hear a historical narrative of major events through time.
- Visit the Isle of Grain Parish Church, and see the damage caused by raiding Dutch Seamen in 1667.
- View entrances with photos of subterranean 1850’s tunnels and Ammunition magazines, still here, underground, in excellent condition.
- Visit the location of an airfield, where top secret trials of fighter aircrafts were made during the First World War.
- Hear about the successes and tragedies of the young Pilots taught to fly here, together with many other events which took place, on land and offshore, which shaped our history and indeed our survival to this present day.
- Complete your walk with a spot of hot food available at either The Beach Cafe in the Beach car park, and The Hogarth Inn, on the High Street nearby.
(Our grateful thanks to Nick Catford, Subterranea Brittanica for the kind permission to reproduce some photographs, and William Casey for his relatives photos, “The Tondern Raid”.)