The Planning Awards recognise excellence in both planning and placemaking, including urban design, economic development, housing, regeneration, legal advice and environmental consulting.
The awards are run by Planning magazine, in conjunction with PlanningResource and PlacemakingResource, and the awards ceremony took place on 6 June at Savoy Place, overlooking the River Thames.
Thames estuary winners included:
- Battersea Power Station Development Company for Circus West Village (Promoting Economic Growth)
- Patel Taylor for London Dock in Wapping Award (Mixed Use Development)
- London Borough of Waltham Forest for Walthamstow Wetlands (Best Use of Heritage In Placemaking)
In addition several Thames estuary projects were highly commended including:
- bptw partnership for Rochester Riverside, Medway (Planning Permission of the Year)
- Patel Taylor for Lombard Wharf at Battersea (Planning Permission of the Year, Stakeholder Engagement in Planning, Best Housing Scheme Fewer Than 500 Homes)
- Berkeley Homes South East London, for South Quay Plaza, Isle of Dogs (Best Housing Scheme for More Than 500 Homes)
- Essex County Council for The Essex Design Guide 2017 (Award For Partnership Working)
- City of London Corporation for Planning and Delivering Green Roofs in the City of London for Biodiversity (Planning for the Natural Environment)
For more information about the winners and runners up, click here.