Trinity Buoy Works

Taking shape in Orchard Wharf is the new 600 ton pontoon for Trinity Buoy Wharf pier.

 

Established as a Thames-side workshop in 1803, Trinity Buoy Wharf continued through the 20th century to be responsible for supplying and maintaining navigation buoys and lightships between Southwold in Suffolk and Dungeness in Kent.

It was finally closed in 1988 and in 1998 Urban Space Management became leaseholders.

Described on their website as “Docklands most exciting arts quarter” it is home to numerous Container City Buildings.

 

 

External Sources

Trinity Buoy Wharf website